Updated: October 1st 2017
[40% raised so far]
If you're the kind of generous human (or alien) that might be inclined and capable of helping me out a little, there are a few ways:
Commissions are always preferable over donations, but every little helps.
- I take commissions. Here is a link to my Commission Information Journal for all the information you should need.
- I've also started making adoptables over at EmsAdoptables if that kind of thing interests you.
I'm holding a Character Concept Contest with a small entry fee, with points and artwork as prizes.
- I have a few of my pieces available as prints through dA. I'm hoping to create new work to sell as prints here and on various other sites asap.
- All my originals are available for sale at very low and negotiable prices with free shipping within the UK. Send me a note if you're interested.
- Or you could Buy Me a Coffee
- or donate in any amount into My PayPal
Even your advice is helpful~
I know many probably won't find this to be a 'worthy cause', that's totally fine, I understand. I've tried to word this carefully, and to not go on too much, because I'm all too aware of the struggles others are having, far more difficult and pressing financial issues, but it can't hurt to put this out there, right? If you yourself are looking to raise funds for any purpose, please feel free to leave a comment with a link.
Every donation and penny I make on my contest, commissions, adoptables, prints and originals and everything
will be put towards this. E v e r y l a s t p e n n y
If you know of any contests with decent cash prizes that you think might suit me, please do point them out~
I'm not very good at asking for help. The only reason I've gotten around to even writing this out is because after a conversation with a bank manager I was just trying to do everything I can to stop bawling my eyes out. I find myself in a constant state of high anxiety so the anxiety I feel over posting this publicly should be nothing in comparison.
I took out a small overdraft on my debit account to help ends meet back in 2008. A matter of months later I lost my job and ended up all the way into the £200 overdraft. Despite my best efforts I've never managed to get back out of it again. I've been employed since then but a whole array of issues got in the way of being able to pay it off. I'm unemployed again now due to my chronic mental and physical health conditions and I'm at a total loss. Charges on the overdraft are unmanageable. I have no such thing as a spare penny to put towards getting out of this situation. I can't remember the last time I slept well, ate well, or was able to really relax. I can barely focus on the things I enjoy for the pit of anxiety in my stomach. I don't spend money on anything except the bare necessities. The only luxury I enjoy is having an internet connection because at least that gives me the chance to take commissions. I've borrowed so much money from friends and family to just stay afloat and I can't cope with this anymore. £200 doesn't even sound like a lot of money but for someone with almost no income it might as well be in the millions. I'm left with little choice but to share my situation and the effect it's having on me and ask for your help.
I've not updated the progress of this for a couple of weeks because I needed to take my kitty to the vet, so unfortunately I needed to dip into the fund to pay for the visit and treatment. I think
I've already managed to replace most of the cost but I'm waiting for things to clear before I update the figures.
Current Overdraft Progress:
(£80.64 of £200)
^ Approximate - I'll update as things clear into my account.
Beyond paying off this overdraft, there are a number of other things in my life I need to sort out.
- A small water bill, which may or may not already be paid off by the time I reach my goal - it's being paid off £20 a month out of my benefits.
- Pay back friends and family who have helped me out in the past - approx £150 - £200.
- Save up for a cover-up tattoo, to cover a disaster of a tattoo and some ugly scarring. I estimate this will cost approx £150.
- Save up for the remaining parts needed to build a desktop computer to replace Frankenstein's laptop. Approx £100.
- A number of small expenses that add up to??? Idek?? More info soon???
When I have reached my goal I will hold a charity fundraiser, probably for MIND
or Cats Protection
but I am entirely open to suggestions.UPDATE:
I had an informal interview to volunteer with Cats Protection and shall be doing a trial day soon~
Thank you to everyone who has helped so far, you are beautiful beings.
Please know how much you've helped, and how much it means to me.
I love you all so much~